Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Anderson <ja...@jandernet.com> on 2004/01/28 17:07:11 UTC

newbie datasource config problems

I'm trying to configure my Struts 1.1 app for MySQL access and getting
nothing but grief. Currently, I'm showing the following error in the
log file:

	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts/legacy/GenericDataSource

Could someone please send me samples of what web.xml and
struts-config.xml should look like when properly configured?

Thanks very much,

jim

RE: newbie datasource config problems

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
hi jim,
again...

here in your struts-conf:

        <data-source type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
            <set-property property="driverClassName"
value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
            <set-property property="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDatabase" />
            <set-property property="username" value="root" />
            <set-property property="password" value="" />
           <set-property property="defaultAutoCommit" value="true" />
            <set-property property="defaultReadOnly" value="false" />
        </data-source>

but it needs the pool.jar and
dbcp.jar

from the commons-projects