Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2007/09/05 21:44:17 UTC

More Asset Maint Questions

What does the Equipments->Calendar page do? Or what is it supposed to do?

I created a maintenance task for a piece of equipment, then went to the Calendar tab to see if the
maintenance task appeared. It didn't.

I went to the Work Effort component and found the maintenance work effort, but it doesn't appear on
the WE calendar either. Then I discovered the WE calendar doesn't display tasks, only events.

I went back to the Asset Maint component and dug into the calendar code. It seems the Asset Maint
calendar displays the production capacity of the piece of equipment, not the scheduled maintenance
for it. Does that make sense? It seems to me that an Asset Maintenance calendar should show
maintenace tasks that are due, not how many widgets the equipment can create in an hour.

-Adrian