Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Juan Ignacio Cidre <ji...@sib.interbanking.com.ar> on 2003/11/22 22:46:58 UTC

DBCP - ReapingObjectPool

I was needing an ObjectPool that 'remembers' the borrowed objects so it
can recollect them if not returned after a while.

Is there something like that arround?

I've extended GenericObjectPool to have that functionallity. I can give
it to the project if there is not a better option than mine.
Since this would be my first contribution to the project, and I don't
know the customs, I would need some help (I've read all the on-line
guides, already, )
N.

Re: DBCP - ReapingObjectPool

Posted by Juan Ignacio Cidre <ji...@sib.interbanking.com.ar>.
I saw AbandonedObjectPool but it is deprecated and is in the DBCP.
I was looking for an ObjectPool.

I've extended GenericObjectPool with similar features.
Here it is.
I'm using this as the ObjectPool of a PoolingDataSource and is working
perfectly well.

note:
    TimestampedStackTrace is not generic, it responds to my particular
needs and can be taken away or replaced pretty simple.
N.

Re: DBCP - ReapingObjectPool

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.