Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org> on 2020/08/04 23:24:33 UTC

hyper-v

Hello all,
I’m having some issues using guacamole with hyper-v based guests.
While I can connect to the guests, copy/pasting and mapping drives doesn’t seem to be working.
I’ve enabled enhanced session mode on hyper-v, but no luck.

Are there any special requirements to get this going please?

Using guacamole 1.1 .
Cheers,
Bogdan

Re: hyper-v

Posted by Antony Awaida <an...@apporto.com>.
Hi Bogdan:

Hope all is well. I have seen your email come across the Guacamole thread a
couple of times.

We are looking for senior guacamole engineers. Would you or someone you
know be interested? We are a california startup and treat our people very
well ;) Our company's business is growing very fast.

Let me know...
Antony Awaida
CEO
www.apporto.com

2 min intro video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4pJtwD_Yg

ᐧ

Re: hyper-v

Posted by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>.
Hey Tom,
Sorry for the delay.
I actually got this to work just now.
Enhanced session refers to capability of hyper-v to map drives, better display resolutions, clipboard sharing etc.
You know you got that working if you can see the option in your vmconnect box (see picture).

As for guacamole, in order to get this, you need to add ;EnhancedMode=1 in your preconnection blob, so it looks like this: 6697f956-22df-4bdb-a528-df14d68b53f6;EnhancedMode=1

Regards,
Bogdan

RE: hyper-v

Posted by Daniëls, Tom <Da...@buas.nl>.
Hi Bogdan,

No problem of course!

Just to elaborate; when I connect to the machine with the inbuild client of Hyper-V copy-pasting also appears to be working  differently from RDP connections (it is not transparent, I need to click Clipboard --> Type Clipboard) so it might not even be a Guacamole issue.

Re: hyper-v

Posted by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>.
Hello Tom,

RE: hyper-v