Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@apache.org> on 2021/03/16 21:31:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-722: Enable connector client overrides by default

Hello all,

I'd like to propose KIP-722 to change the default value of the existing
`connector.client.config.override.policy` Connect worker configuration, so
that by default connectors can override client properties.The details are
here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-722%3A+Enable+connector+client+overrides+by+default

The feature and worker config property were originally added by KIP-458
(approved and implemented in AK 2.3.0):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-458%3A+Connector+Client+Config+Override+Policy

I look forward to your feedback!

Best regards,

Randall

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-722: Enable connector client overrides by default

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Since there's been no additional feedback, so I'm going to start a vote.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Randall

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.