Posted to user@struts.apache.org by kunduruswaroop <sw...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/30 17:30:44 UTC

How to develop a Wireframe using Struts UI?

Please see the UI drawing below and let me know the steps to follow to
develop a wireframe.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23317576/Temp.PNG Temp.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swaroop Kunduru

Re: How to develop a Wireframe using Struts UI?

Posted by Jim Kiley <jh...@summa-tech.com>.
The members of this mailing lists are users and volunteers; they are not
very likely to take a lot of their personal time to provide  step-by-step
instructions based on an image file.  Specific questions are welcome but
general queries like this are not liable to get the detailed response that
you are hoping for.

jk

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM, kunduruswaroop <sw...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Please see the UI drawing below and let me know the steps to follow to
> develop a wireframe.  I need a expand and collapse version too as shown
> picture below.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p23318872/Temp1.PNG Temp1.PNG
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Swaroop Kunduru

Jim Kiley
Senior Technical Consultant | Summa
[p] 412.258.3346
http://www.summa-tech.com

Re: How to develop a Wireframe using Struts UI?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
kunduruswaroop wrote:
> I tried several ways to resolve the issue my self. But here is the problem I
> did not find a UI framework for it. I used tables and did the work. It is
> very hard putting everything in Tables I expected the API for it.

S2 is the *back-end* of a webapp, not the front-end. If you want a UI
framework there are a *lot* of them these days.

Dave

RE: How to develop a Wireframe using Struts UI?

Posted by kunduruswaroop <sw...@hotmail.com>.
I tried several ways to resolve the issue my self. But here is the problem I
did not find a UI framework for it. I used tables and did the work. It is
very hard putting everything in Tables I expected the API for it.

Thanks all for your Ideas and Help.

Regards,

Swaroop Kunduru.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dale Newfield wrote:
>>     4) If your problem is still not solved then spend time authoring a
>> thoughtful question to the mailing list, including your relevant
>> code/configuration and what you have already tried.
>
> The greatest part about this portion of the solution is that 4 times out
> of 5 it helps me track down the solution without ever actually posting
> the question.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?RubberDucking

OTOH, under some cognitive theories, I should be a genius by now as I
talk to myself all the time. Maybe it's because I don't always listen. What?

I tend to prefer plush microbes to rubber ducks, however: there's
something comforting about talking to a cute ebola or clostridium
perfringens. Treponema pallidum, not so much, but YMMV.

Dave

Re: How to develop a Wireframe using Struts UI?

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
Sure no problem.  Here are the steps:

a) Hire someone who knows what they are doing
b) While they are working read Struts2 in Action and JQuery in Action.
c) Read blogs and books about CSS and web interface design
d) Ask your consultant to show you how they did what they did and take notes
e) Start with small simple web pages and gradually add more dynamic elements
you learned from JQuery in Action.
f) When you get stuck on a particular problem building your page do the
following in order:
    1) Try to fix it.  Solving bugs or working through design problems are
the best way to learn.
    2) Google your problem and read at least the first 5 results from your
query
    3) If your problem is not solved then Search the mailing list and read
at least the top 10 results.
    4) If your problem is still not solved then spend time authoring a
thoughtful question to the mailing list, including your relevant
code/configuration and what you have already tried.
g) Continue to practice until you are the "someone" in step A and then help
provide answers to other thoughtful questions on the mailing list.

One name that comes to mind is Matt Raible.  He has started a nice education
and development shop kick start service.  I would give you the URL but you
need to practice using Google.

This goes for all would be, "tell me how to do X" posters.

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Um.... Maybe start with
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/tutorials.html and read the docs
for the various ui tags?