Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com> on 2009/11/20 22:26:51 UTC

Auction pricing using OFBiz? Any experience?

All,

I am doing research for a project that I started a while ago which dealt
with auctions.

Is I meanwhile came across OFBiz, I wonder: Has anyone on this list made
experience with auction pricing instead of fixed pricing (with some rules: I
agree, but mainly fixed) ?
Any ideas where I would need to hook that in?

Note that my bidding algorithm needs to be flexible for configuration -
other than ebay there shall be no fixed deadline but rather bids are open
for a certain time period after the last bid. There may be other rules like
minimum bid, minimum inrease etc. coming. So if it doe not exist, is there
any interest I log this as a feture in JIRA and we take it from there?

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards

Carsten