Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2013/06/28 11:31:16 UTC

[LAZY] delete obsolete Jenkins jobs

Hi,

On the builds@a.o machine there are 7 old Jenkins jobs. These jobs are
previous versions of the current set. Most if not all 'features' in
the old jobs are implemented in the current ones. I suggest we clean
them up (remove them) in order to keep from cluttering the Jenkins
instance with lots of unused jobs.

If no-one objects within three days, I'll assume lazy consensus and remove them.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [LAZY] delete obsolete Jenkins jobs

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 28, 2013 5:36 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Ah, I see the confusion. This has nothing to do with the Mustella VM
> and don't want to wipe ALL jobs on builds@a.o, just the old jobs that
> were there before I created the current set.
>
> The current set is:
>
> flex-falcon
> flex-flexunit
> flex-sdk
> flex-sdk_release
> flex-sdk_asdoc
> flex-tlf
>
> The old set (that I'd like to remove) is:
>
> Flex_Falcon_build_and_test
> Flex_SDK_build
> Flex_SDK_build_git
> Flex_SDK_checkin_tests
> Flex_SDK_checkin_tests_git
> Flex_SDK_download_build
> Flex_TLF_build_git
>
> The jobs in this old set have been disabled for at least a month and
> the builds in the current set have been running successfully multiple
> times each day for a few weeks now.
>
> EdB

+1 for removing old jobs.   It makes sense.

You could probably export the jenkins settings xml for each job and keep it
around for a while if you want to be extra careful.  Not a big deal in my
opinion.

Thanks,
Om

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> If no-one objects within three days, I'll assume lazy consensus and
remove them.

> > I'd just stop and wipe the workspaces rather than removing them just in
case they are needed again. As they are on Apache infrastructure they are
likely to be around for some time. No offence intended but MS may not not
offer MSDN subscriptions forever to Apache committers.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Ah, I see the confusion.
No issues here - feel free to nuke them from orbit.

Justin

Re: [LAZY] delete obsolete Jenkins jobs

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.