Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stephen Souness <so...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/15 04:24:44 UTC

tiles DTD

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure this will have been asked before, but a bit of Googling
hasn't produced a satisfactory answer.

I'm using Struts 1.2.8 with tiles on Tomcat 5.5

Whenever I re-deploy my site some code goes off to look for the tiles
DTD file (as specified at the top of tiles-definitions.xml).

When the website that hosts that DTD is unavailable (such as right now)
the application fails to make the Struts action servlet available.

How can I remove this external dependency?

--
Stephen Souness

Re: tiles DTD

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
It's more likely that you are using the wrong public identifier in your
document type declaration. With the wrong public identifier, the
resource (DTD file) won't be resolved locally and the parser will try to
use the system identifier to locate the resource, as a fall back.

Check that the doctype you have specified is correct for the version of
Struts/Tiles that you're using.

L.

Re: tiles DTD

Posted by Stephen Souness <so...@hotmail.com>.