Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/05/02 16:43:48 UTC

NekoPull and Cocoon 2.1 M1 / Xerces 2.4.0

Hi Forrest developers,

today I tried to get Apache Lenya (which depends on Forrest)
work with the Cocoon Milestone 1 that comes with Xerces 2.4.0.
I noticed that the NekoPull classes are not compatible with
this Xerces version.

Are there any plans to update Forrest to a new Cocoon version?
At the moment, I'm using a workaround so that the nekopull
package compiles.

I also contacted Andy Clark, I hope he doesn't mind
updating NekoPull to Xerces 2.4.0.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: NekoPull and Cocoon 2.1 M1 / Xerces 2.4.0

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 04:43:48PM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>>Hi Forrest developers,
>>
>>today I tried to get Apache Lenya (which depends on Forrest)
>>work with the Cocoon Milestone 1 that comes with Xerces 2.4.0.
>>I noticed that the NekoPull classes are not compatible with
>>this Xerces version.
>>
>>Are there any plans to update Forrest to a new Cocoon version?
>>At the moment, I'm using a workaround so that the nekopull
>>package compiles.
>

> I'm trying that now.  Apart from the Cocoon reload bug it's looking
> promising.

OK, that would help us a lot.

>>I also contacted Andy Clark, I hope he doesn't mind
>>updating NekoPull to Xerces 2.4.0.
>

> If you grab the latest nekopull off his site it should work with Cocoon's
> Xerces:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/pull/index.html

I'm using that one - the EventDispatcher doesn't implement the
new XMLDocumentSource interface (so I added two empty methods).

Thanks!

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 04:43:48PM +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Forrest developers,
>
> today I tried to get Apache Lenya (which depends on Forrest)
> work with the Cocoon Milestone 1 that comes with Xerces 2.4.0.
> I noticed that the NekoPull classes are not compatible with
> this Xerces version.
>
> Are there any plans to update Forrest to a new Cocoon version?
> At the moment, I'm using a workaround so that the nekopull
> package compiles.

I'm trying that now.  Apart from the Cocoon reload bug it's looking
promising.

> I also contacted Andy Clark, I hope he doesn't mind
> updating NekoPull to Xerces 2.4.0.

If you grab the latest nekopull off his site it should work with Cocoon's
Xerces:

http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/pull/index.html

--Jeff