Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by 灰啊灰啊灰 <fr...@qq.com> on 2018/04/10 06:00:33 UTC

Some Questions When Creating Folder In Viewfs

HiIn hdfs federation mode, when we use a mountable to mount a nonexistent hdfs path to views, it is obviously impossible to put file to this viewfs path as it is not exist. However, if we try to mkdir this viewfs path, it cannot be created because cannot create a folder under InternalDirOfViewfs. Which is strange is that return code is 0. Mkdir fails but return code is TRUE. It may be something wrong? In the other hand, if we try to use mkdir -p to created a deeper folder, the folder can be created successfully.
Take an example, if viewfs:/foo is mounted to hdfs://ns0/footargert and hdfs://ns0/footargert does not exist:
1. mkdir /foo, return code 0, but hdfs://ns0/footargert not exist.
2. mkdir -p /foo/xxx, return code 0, folder hdfs://ns0/target and hdfs://ns0/target/xxx exist.

I wonder if it has something wrong to get true return code when mkdir actually fails. Moreover, is there any strict check that mount to a nonexistent hdfs folder is forbidden in mount table setting?

Jiang Jianfei
Best regards