Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jimtronic <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 20:01:38 UTC

Zookeeper specs

I understand this may be a better question for the zookeeper list, but I'm
asking here because I'm not completely clear how much load zookeeper takes
on in a solr cloud setup.

I'm trying to determine what specs my zookeeper boxes should be. I'm on EC2,
so what I'm curious about is whether zookeeper should have high I/O, high
memory, or high CPU.

I've been running my zookeeper on micro instances with no problem, but want
to understand what the potential bottlenecks might be.

Thanks for any input!

Jim

Re: Zookeeper specs

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
We're running 3 c1.mediums, but mostly because we had spare
reservations for them. They barely break a sweat with our small
clusters (7 nodes total at the moment).

Michael Della Bitta

Appinions
18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor