Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Stefan Selariu <st...@infobest.ro> on 2007/08/13 15:20:59 UTC

RMI problem

I'm getting a "No trusted certificate found" exception when I'm trying
to invoke an ofbiz service.

The jsse.properties is set correctly to point to the ofbizrmi.jks

I followed the instructions written in the ExampleRemoteClient javadoc.
Perhaps I'm missing something.

What could be the problem?

Another unrelated question...
Why does jsse.properties contain refences to ofbiztrust.jks and
ofbizcerts.jks? These files are not available in the trunk

Re: RMI problem

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Ah thats right I think they were removed because of licensing concerns.
Sorry I really can't offer much assistance on the certs.  You could try this
thread and nabble in general:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=5236855&framed=y

Regards
Scott

Re: RMI problem

Posted by Stefan Selariu <st...@infobest.ro>.
Hi Scott

Re: RMI problem

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
You will need to get a copy of the

org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.zip.CompressionClientSocketFactory
and
org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.zip.CompressionServerSocketFactory

from revision 451171 as they are no longer in the trunk due to license
issues if you want the example from the wiki to work.

Quote from svn:
"Author: jonesde
Date: Fri Sep 29 01:50:42 2006
New Revision: 451171

Log:
Removed compression code from Sun that has a problematic license, people can
still grab and use this, but we just won't be distributing it as before;
this is not used by default; note that there may be other zip socket
implementations that we could put in place if this is important to someone,
but I don't know that anyone has looked into this yet"

Brett

Re: RMI problem

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan