Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 14:55:50 UTC

Re: TomEE/OWB (@Pre)destroy of CDI @SessionScoped bean exception

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
> smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> okay, Romain, this error showed up in the server log again, and I think I
>> have more details below.
>

> also, i was using tomee 1.6.0 snapshot 2013-Aug-03, I think, but decided
> to download tomee 1.6.0 snapshot 2013-Aug-28 last night and install that on
> production server, so I can/will continue to monitor to see if this occurs.

I have not seen any issues since I upgraded to TomEE 1.6.0 SNAPSHOT
2013-Aug-28.

> also, I am considering modifying xhtml like as follows (to help
> OpenWebBeans or JUEL):
>
> <ui:include src="#{(pf_usersController.isLoggedInViaMobile() and
> pf_ordersController.showBrowseOptions) or
> pf_ordersController.showFilterOptions ?
> '/orders/pf_BrowseWithoutLayout.xhtml' :
> '/orders/pf_BrowseWithLayout.xhtml'}"/>
>
> ASAP, I can move the EL to the bean, because for some reason, the
> following EL is being evaluated after the bean has been destroyed. i don't
> know why.

I only checked for NULL in my bean, where the NullPointerExceptions were
occurring when session expire. I don't know if tomee 1.6.0 snapshot
2013-Aug-28 or this little bitty code change solved the issue.