Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/09 18:51:56 UTC

[users@httpd] logging complete http exchange.

Hello,

I'm lokking for a way to make my apache server log the _complete_ http
exchange. I need this for debugging web applications.

A bit of background:

The company where I work runs a WAP portal that is used by mobile
phones. The phones request WAP sites, and depending on what they
request, the WAP portal requests pages with external partners.
All traffic runs over an apache web server. Requests from mobile
phones are proxies to application servers. Requests for information
from external partners also gets proxied over this server.
As all HTTP traffic runs over this erver it is ideally placed to
observe this traffic, for debugging purposes. Ideal would be a module,
that based on certain critaria (IP adress the request comes from or
goes to) logs the complete HTTP exchange to a logfile.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks in advance,

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland

Re: [users@httpd] logging complete http exchange.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/9/06, Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm lokking for a way to make my apache server log the _complete_ http
> exchange. I need this for debugging web applications.
>
> A bit of background:
>
> The company where I work runs a WAP portal that is used by mobile
> phones. The phones request WAP sites, and depending on what they
> request, the WAP portal requests pages with external partners.
> All traffic runs over an apache web server. Requests from mobile
> phones are proxies to application servers. Requests for information
> from external partners also gets proxied over this server.
> As all HTTP traffic runs over this erver it is ideally placed to
> observe this traffic, for debugging purposes. Ideal would be a module,
> that based on certain critaria (IP adress the request comes from or
> goes to) logs the complete HTTP exchange to a logfile.
>
> Does such a thing exist?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dumpio.html

Joshua.