Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/04/24 01:07:22 UTC

symlink in logging-log4j-component

I inadvertently committed a symlink for a file in the logging-log4j-
component project's SVN.  I corrected it in rev 531339 committed late
last night, but the subsequent Gump runs have had synchronization
errors.  Could someone clear out the project working directory to
allow a fresh checkout of the source code.  Thanks and sorry.

Re: symlink in logging-log4j-component

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:

> Current run in progress did not have logging-log4j-component in its
> workspace despite the metadata looking okay.

Maybe this happened because I removed the directories in mid-run.
vmgump is taking more than nine hours for a single Gump run ATM.

> Hopefully these tiny little projects are taking up much disk space
> on vmgump.  I didn't know that it was near its limits.  Hope it
> didn't cause problems.

It is at its limits and svn is to blame for some part of it (a svn
working copy takes so much more disk space than a CVS one).  Looking
at it from the ressource consumption POV we can be glad that we don't
try to build Cocoon ATM.

Getting something with a bigger disk and more power is on our
infrastructure wish list ...

Stefan

Re: symlink in logging-log4j-component

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Apr 24, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Which is a bug in the sync code IMHO.
>
> Two sorts of bugs, ws-axis shows the other one.
>
>> I think we need to blow away the copy that Gump is working in, not
>> our checked out source tree.
>
> OK, I was wrong.
>
>> vmgump and the Solaris zone should be clean now.
>
> again.  *Should* be.
>
> Stefan

Current run in progress did not have logging-log4j-component in its
workspace despite the metadata looking okay.  Shows up in the failure
for logging-log4j-receivers as an unknown dependency.

Sorry about not noticing the "All dressed up" messages related to the
new projects.  I thought I'd be clever and use noreply@apache.org and
send the nag to myself until the Gump runs stabilize, but
noreply@apache.org is apparently a bad sender which in turn caused
the "All dressed up" messages.  Changed to use carnold@apache.org as
the sender.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> I inadvertently committed a symlink for a file in the logging-log4j-
> component project's SVN.  I corrected it in rev 531339 committed
> late last night, but the subsequent Gump runs have had
> synchronization errors.

Which is a bug in the sync code IMHO.

> Could someone clear out the project working directory to allow a
> fresh checkout of the source code.

I think we need to blow away the copy that Gump is working in, not our
checked out source tree.  vmgump and the Solaris zone should be clean
now.

Stefan