Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2010/03/30 19:55:49 UTC

Resuming Conversations...

Is there a portable way to resume conversations with OWB (or using the
standard API for that matter)?  I would love to be able to write my
Wicket CDI support using the standard API, but so far I can't figure
out how to do that.

Re: Resuming Conversations...

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hello James;

Currently conversation context is provided for using it in a JSF environment (This is defined by the JSR299 specification.). Responsible classes are

* WebBeansPhaseListener (For creating/destroying ConversationContext)
* ConversationAwareViewHandler (For non-faces get Request conversation propogation via redirect, adding cid URL parameter to URL)

You can look at those classes how to handle Conversation creation/destroy. Those implementations are based on the requirements in the specification.

Regard to ConversationService SPI
This SPI is used by the ConversationBean to create RequestScope Conversation instance. Each conversation is stored with "session_id and conversation_id". Therefore you have to provide implementation of ConversationService. Also, you have to provide implementation class that is responsible for creating/destroying conversation context (For JSF, it is handled by WebBeansPhaseListener). It mainly uses ConversationManager singleton to do its job.

Thanks;

--Gurkan

________________________________
Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.