Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/06/17 10:26:10 UTC

Creator - how generic can it be?

Hi Lenya developers,

the creator is probably the least understood usecase,
at least from my point of view. We should try to find
out which parts of it can be made generic and which ones
can't.

- Action / Task
- XSP
- XSLT

IMHO at the moment the general usecase architecture is

- use a core task with a publication-specific buildfile
- use a publication-specific XSP with fallback to core
- use a publication-specific XSLT with fallback to core

How does the creator fit in this scheme?

Andreas

Re: Creator - how generic can it be?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

>> - Action / Task
>> - XSP
>> - XSLT
>>
>> IMHO at the moment the general usecase architecture is
>>
>> - use a core task with a publication-specific buildfile
>
> this would be the controller, right?

At the moment only the sitemap is the controller.
But it might be a good idea to add the TaskAction to the
controller component (error handling), but this is not
implemented yet.

>> - use a publication-specific XSP with fallback to core
>> - use a publication-specific XSLT with fallback to core
>
> this would be the view (screens), right?

If you insist in applying the MVC pattern, you could probably see
the XSP as part the model (along with the task), and the XSLT as
the view :)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> the creator is probably the least understood usecase,

have you seen the description three typical use-cases:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/docs/xdocs/create-resource.html

> at least from my point of view. We should try to find
> out which parts of it can be made generic and which ones
> can't.
>
> - Action / Task
> - XSP
> - XSLT
>
> IMHO at the moment the general usecase architecture is
>
> - use a core task with a publication-specific buildfile

this would be the controller, right?

> - use a publication-specific XSP with fallback to core
> - use a publication-specific XSLT with fallback to core

this would be the view (screens), right?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

> How would you configure that?
> <<
>
> with resource-exists?

OK, but isn't this the way that I described? Publication-specific
with fallback to core?
<<

okok, motion passed for more coffee  :)

Re: Creator - how generic can it be?