Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/09/25 02:49:10 UTC

everyone pointing at the same PSMLDocument or Portlets

I'm not sure, but it looks like when a, for example, new user is
created, and gets a "copy" of the "turbine" profile, the new user's
profile's document is exactly the same document, or it's Portlets within
the document is exactly the same object as the "turbine" one.  So, if
you create two users, and they both edit their profiles, it would all be
operating on the same object and get all confused.

We have actually seen something like this in our production systems -
new user's getting strange templates, and changes to one get seen in
another.  I don't know what causes this.

Does anyone know what's going on, and can enlighten me?  Shouldn't I see
some sort of code that makes copies of PSMLDocument or Portlets for this
sort of thing?

Help!

Thanks.

- Glenn