Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2021/10/25 15:59:19 UTC

[discuss] NiFi 1.15

Team,

I thought I had already started such a thread but I dont see it so here goes...

We have made a ton of progress again and there are some super
important fixes as well.  It is definitely time to kick out a 1.15.
My intent will be to attempt to pull together an RC this week.
Haven't done the analysis yet of what is hanging out there but will do
so.  A quick look at all the features and fixes already landed though
make it clear we have more than enough to work with.

Lets please use this thread for coordination on the RC rather than it
becoming the wish list.  We have new features/fixes arriving all the
time - those can be addressed in normal channels.

Thanks

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.
Kevin,

Sounds sensible to me, thanks!

---
*Chris Sampson*
IT Consultant
chris.sampson@naimuri.com

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Chris! I’ll take a look at that PR.

Regarding this:

> Might be worth considering building the docker build & push into the CI
> pipeline for the release if it's not already (and if that would fit how the
> release process works).

I’ve looked into automating in the past, and it might be possible to setup as a (manual) GitHub Action workflow with some help from ASF Infra. There is some concern about leaking credentials, so we left it at needing to do some investigation for if GitHub Actions Secrets meets their criteria for security.

In any case, I intent to write up the manual process I use now, which could be a starting point for how to automate in the future. Will share this next week most likely.

Cheers,
Kevin

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the update Chris!

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Chris,

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe and Chris,

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com.INVALID>.
I've got most of the way through the release check process in order to vote

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org>.
Otto

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Re: [discuss] NiFi 1.15

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Is there a discuss thread for the release? I only see the vote and I have a
question about the verification. My mail must be messed up, i have this
mail with no replies… then vote thread.