Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Natarajan, Rajeswari" <ra...@sap.com> on 2019/06/18 17:08:16 UTC

Re: [CAUTION] CDCR Monitoring - To figure out the latency between source and target replication delay

I see below for CDCR Queues API Documentation

The output is composed of a list “queues” which contains a list of (ZooKeeper) Target hosts, themselves containing a list of Target collections. For each collection, the current size of the queue and the timestamp of the last update operation successfully processed is provided. The timestamp of the update operation is the original timestamp, i.e., the time this operation was processed on the Source SolrCloud. This allows an estimate the latency of the replication process.

The timestamp of the update operation in the source solrcloud is given,  how does it help to figure out the latency of replication. Can someone please explain , am I missing something obvious. We want to generate alert  if there is a huge latency , looking to see how this can be done.

Thank you.
Rajeswari

On 5/30/19, 9:47 AM, "Natarajan, Rajeswari" <ra...@sap.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    Is there a way to  monitor the replication delay between Primary/Secondary Cluster for CDCR  and raise alerts ,if it exceeds above some threshold.

    I see below API’s for monitoring.

    ·
    core/cdcr?action=QUEUES: Fetches statistics about the queue<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/cdcr-api.html#queues> for each replica and about the update logs.
    ·         core/cdcr?action=OPS: Fetches statistics about the replication performance<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/cdcr-api.html#ops> (operations per second) for each replica.
    ·         core/cdcr?action=ERRORS: Fetches statistics and other information about replication errors<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/cdcr-api.html#errors> for each replica.

    These report the stats, performance and errors.
    Thanks,
    Rajeswari