Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/10/14 19:11:56 UTC

Torque 3.2.1 Snapshots

Hi all,

we (Apache James Project) started using torque over derby and it seems
that 3.2.1-snapshots would be much better for our usage than 3.2.0
because 3.2.0 has a lot of problems with derby support.

Can you confirm this?

We plan to release our next release (using torque) in 3-6 months: will
3.2.1 final be available in this timeframe?

I see than current torque trunk is based on maven2 and we could build
our own artifacts but I would like to have this artifacts in the apache
snapshot repository: can someone from the torque team deploy a
3.2.1-SNAPSHOT to the snapshot repository? (we need runtime, generator
and also the maven2 plugin).

Stefano

RE: Torque 3.2.1 Snapshots

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> schrieb am 14.10.2006 19:11:56:

> Hi all,
>
> we (Apache James Project) started using torque over derby and it seems
> that 3.2.1-snapshots would be much better for our usage than 3.2.0
> because 3.2.0 has a lot of problems with derby support.
>
> Can you confirm this?

Yes, derby support was in alpha stage in 3.2.0, and I believe Derby is
fully supported in 3.2.1-dev. If you experience any problems with derby,
please tell us soon, in order to resolve these issues in 3.2.1

> We plan to release our next release (using torque) in 3-6 months: will
> 3.2.1 final be available in this timeframe?

We plan to create 3.2.1 RC in a couple of weeks (this will pe publicly
available via ibiblio), so you should be fine with this. How long 3.2.1
final will take, depends on the number of bugs in the RC(s).

> I see than current torque trunk is based on maven2 and we could build
> our own artifacts but I would like to have this artifacts in the apache
> snapshot repository: can someone from the torque team deploy a
> 3.2.1-SNAPSHOT to the snapshot repository? (we need runtime, generator
> and also the maven2 plugin).

If you wait a couple of weeks, we will have the RC publicly available. I've
never deployed snapshots before, so figuring this out will delay the RC (if
someone else of the Torque developers wants to have a go, please go ahead).
However, note that the "production" Torque build is still maven 1 (except
the maven 2 plugin, of course), the maven 2 build is quite rudimentary.

   Cheers,

         Thomas

RE: Torque 3.2.1 Snapshots

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.