Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "John D. Smith" <ra...@my-deja.com> on 2000/12/06 11:50:34 UTC

Apache: setting the 'home' directory for jsp pages

I am facing some trouble when i am using jsp pages that need relative path adressing. I guess this is a configuration issue, problem description follows:

1) I developed a simple jsp that lists me certain files in a directory submitted by a querystring. My thought was it references the path relative to the jsp source directory / docBase, but it uses /opt/jakarta-tomcat/work/ to reference from. The Context was autoconfigured, with docBase set to [...]/webapps/[dirname]

2) I tried this in combination with apache, moved the jsp to a /httpd/html/[...] dir. The jsp page got recompiled, but weird-as-it-is, it uses the same directory as the one called under the tomcat environment to reference from.

This seems like a malconfigured Server to me, so i guess i am just brainless and should be ready for flames.

Any comments would be appreciated

Regards John

Before you buy.