Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Zach Visagie <za...@ipay.co.za> on 2009/11/05 08:17:50 UTC

Ibator for ibatis 3

Hi

My comment: I have had a first look at ibatis 3 and I like it a lot. Even though annotations might not have lived up to the expected promise, we certainly have some use cases for which they are going to be very handy. Thanks for the good work guys! (I can soon retire my custom auto generated keys hack for ibatis 2)

My question: We have a new project we will be working on for the next 5-7 months and I want to start using ibatis 3 and ibator. Is there any ibator code for ibatis 3 in svn that can be checked out or any binaries for a current version of ibator that supports ibatis 3?

thanks
Zach

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guy,

The Eclipse plugin build is undergoing lots of changes right now.
Thanks for the reminder about the MANIFEST.MF versions - I definitely
need to change those.

The <includes> section is there because I'm changing the build to use
a headless PDE build rather than using the site generate feature.
This will allow me to publish source bundles for the plugins -
something I've never done before.  You might notice that there is a
new "build" project in SVN - there's an Ant script there that builds
the plugin now.

I'll clean up site.xml once everything else is working.  They seem to
change the format of site.xml with every release of eclipse :)

As with all things eclipse, the platform is overwhelming and it's
taking me a long time to piece the build together from arcane bits of
information on WIKIs and blogs.  It's *almost* working now - I should
have it complete in another day or two.  Then maybe I can do a real
release next weekend.

Jeff

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis2.sqlmap.elements,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.javamapper,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.javamapper.elements,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.model,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.xmlmapper,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.xmlmapper.elements,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.db,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.rules,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.types,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.util,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.util.messages,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.logging,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.maven,
>>> org.apache.ibatis.ibator.plugins
>>> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5

Guy Rouillier

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
> [...]

>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis3.xmlmapper.elements,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.db,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.rules,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.types,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.util,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.internal.util.messages,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.logging,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.maven,
>>   org.apache.ibatis.ibator.plugins
>> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
>> =========
>>

>> On 2/19/2010 9:22 AM, Jeff Butler wrote:
>>>
>>> Look at MANIFEST.MF in the ibator.core project.  The Export-Package
>>> directive must list all packages in the ibator.jar file - the version
>>> in SVN needs an update.
>>>
>>> A small bit of OSGI loveliness.  That's my best guess.  I'll take a
>>> look at updating this in SVN later today - hopefully :)

Guy Rouillier

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> core and ui built automatically. But there is no task to generate the
>>> JAR file, so I ran export.
>>>
>>> (3) The doc project ran into some trouble due to obsolete paths. Here
>>> are the changes I had to make:
>>>
>>> <packageset dir="../../core/src" />
>>> <packageset dir="../../core/ibator-core/src" />
>>>
>>> <fileset dir="../../core/htmldoc">
>>> <fileset dir="../../core/ibator-core/doc/html">
>>>
>>> Now buildDoc.xml completed successfully, but again no JAR was generated.
>>> So I had to do that manually by looking at the contents of a previous
>>> version. Amounted to creating a bin directory and copying html/*,
>>> META-INF/*, LICENSE and NOTICE, then JARring the results.
>>>
>>> I haven't assembled the results into an update site yet, but I'll try
>>> that tomorrow. Please let me know if I'm making this harder than
>>> necessary. Would be great for the final release if all this was automatic.

Guy Rouillier

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

--
Guy Rouillier

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guy,

I'm glad you are finding some value from Ibator.

I have no plans to do a generate from a select statement.  I'm not
opposed to it philosophically - I just have limited time right now.
Feel free to work on a patch if you are interested.

Jeff Butler

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

Re: Ibator for ibatis 3