Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by "i.frankov" <i....@googlemail.com> on 2013/11/08 07:37:44 UTC

Move to release 0.70

Dear All,
I removed my Ubuntu 13.10 and installed 12.04 in order to install Apache Bigtop 0.60.
Now there is a new release, which looks very interesting.
Would you mind to tell me what I have to do inorder to move to this release.  I would like to spare re installation of my os if possible.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Best regards and wishes,
Ivo

Von Samsung Mobile gesendet

Re: Move to release 0.70

Posted by ivaylo frankov <i....@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sean,

Thank you very much for your email. It was very useful I've done update
without problems.

Is there any useful user manual for absolute beginners  as me to start all
bigtop projects.

I started without problem hadoop, hbase,hive and pig.

I can not start oozie and hue.

I receive following errors in HUE

Configuration files located in /etc/hue/conf.empty

Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart Hue.
Which file I have to edit there ?

- when I try to start file browser
*Cannot access: /. Note: You are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser
(which is "hdfs").*

Can you help me please !

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,