Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by José Manuel Giner <jm...@ginernet.com> on 2014/10/30 08:55:20 UTC

Smartrelay messages are not filtered by SpamAssasin

Hello, we are a hosting provider and to prevent spammers to use our
servers as a MTA we want filter all our outgoing e-mails with SpamAssasin.

We have some cPanel server and via smart_route option, we forward all
outgoing e-mails to a Postfix server.

In the Postfix server we have configured Spamassasin.

But incoming e-mails in the Postfix server are not filtered with the
SpamAssasin service.

How we need to check? what configuration option to filter ALL incoming
e-mails?

Please, check this screen for a visual understand:
http://prntscr.com/5171jf

Thanks.

--
José Manuel Giner
http://ginernet.com

Re: Smartrelay messages are not filtered by SpamAssasin

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
On October 30, 2014 8:55:20 AM José Manuel Giner <jm...@ginernet.com> wrote:

> Please, check this screen for a visual understand:
> http://prntscr.com/5171jf

Its a postfix question, so post on postfix maillist to get more help

Provide at least postconf -n and a log line with shows what works and what
does not

Re: Smartrelay messages are not filtered by SpamAssasin

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 30.10.2014 um 13:08 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> On October 30, 2014 12:54:05 PM Axb <ax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd risk to say your expectation won't be met.
>> My advice would be: choose an adequate interface between SA and Postfix
>> and do the manual work or hire someone to do it for you.
>
> Remove postfix, start spamd, use spamc in exim, possible risk is that it
> might work :)

why should someone do that and rebuild the complete MTA configuration
just because he needs a additional layer to a already working system?

install spamass-milter and configure postfix to use it in combination
with spamd would be a more reasonable advise instead "jump between all
sorts of software and hope with some luck get a working combination"

Re: Smartrelay messages are not filtered by SpamAssasin

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 10/30/2014 12:32 PM, José Manuel Giner wrote:
> On 30/10/2014 10:32, Axb wrote:
>> On 10/30/2014 08:55 AM, José Manuel Giner wrote:
>>> Hello, we are a hosting provider and to prevent spammers to use our
>>> servers as a MTA we want filter all our outgoing e-mails with
>>> SpamAssasin.
>>>
>>> We have some cPanel server and via smart_route option, we forward all
>>> outgoing e-mails to a Postfix server.
>>>
>>> In the Postfix server we have configured Spamassasin.
>>>
>>> But incoming e-mails in the Postfix server are not filtered with the
>>> SpamAssasin service.
>>>
>>> How we need to check? what configuration option to filter ALL incoming
>>> e-mails?
>>>

>> - How are you using SA?
>> (pls specify: amavis, MIMEDefang, a milter, Mailscanner, procmail,
>> Fuglu, etc, etc)
>>
>> You need to consult the docs of whatever intreface to SpamAssassin you
>> have chosen and configure your system accordingly.
>>
>> Once you have that sorted out maillog should show SA doing something.
>>

> The Postfix + SpamAssasin server is installed via Virtualmin. The
> default Virtualmin install.

Virtualmin is normally used to help setup a *very* basic config for
users/mailboxes/Web stuff on the server.
 From your description, you're wanting to setup SA on an outbound
relay/smarthost so, imo, you're using the wrong tool.

Posted by José Manuel Giner <jm...@ginernet.com>.
On 30/10/2014 10:32, Axb wrote:
> On 10/30/2014 08:55 AM, José Manuel Giner wrote:
>> Hello, we are a hosting provider and to prevent spammers to use our
>> servers as a MTA we want filter all our outgoing e-mails with
>> SpamAssasin.
>>
>> We have some cPanel server and via smart_route option, we forward all
>> outgoing e-mails to a Postfix server.
>>
>> In the Postfix server we have configured Spamassasin.
>>
>> But incoming e-mails in the Postfix server are not filtered with the
>> SpamAssasin service.
>>
>> How we need to check? what configuration option to filter ALL incoming
>> e-mails?
>>

> - How are you using SA?
> (pls specify: amavis, MIMEDefang, a milter, Mailscanner, procmail,
> Fuglu, etc, etc)
>
> You need to consult the docs of whatever intreface to SpamAssassin you
> have chosen and configure your system accordingly.
>
> Once you have that sorted out maillog should show SA doing something.

The Postfix + SpamAssasin server is installed via Virtualmin. The
default Virtualmin install.

I've not experience doing a full spamassasin config by hand, so, I
expected the Virtualmin install can help me as in the Virtualmin config
I can manage the Spamassasin filters in a very simple way.

On 30/10/2014 12:22, Benny Pedersen wrote:> On October 30, 2014 8:55:20
AM José Manuel Giner <jm...@ginernet.com> wrote:

 >> Please, check this screen for a visual understand:
 >> http://prntscr.com/5171jf
 >
 > Its a postfix question, so post on postfix maillist to get more help
 >
 > Provide at least postconf -n and a log line with shows what works and
 > what does not

[root@antispam ~]# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
allow_percent_hack = no
always_bcc = log@hostname
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
home_mailbox = Maildir/
html_directory = no
inet_protocols = all
mail_name = GinerNet antispam mail-out filter
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mynetworks = x.x.x.x, 127.0.0.0/8
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.6.6/README_FILES
sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/bcc
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
permit_sasl_authenticated rejec
                                                t_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
[root@antispam ~]#

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.