Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Ibraheem <ar...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/11 14:54:30 UTC

ManagedIndexSchema Bad version when trying to persist schema

Hi,We upgraded to Solr 7.5, we try to ingest to solr using solrJ in concurrent updates (Many threads).We are getting this exception:o.a.s.s.ManagedIndexSchema Bad version when trying to persist schema using 1 due to: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$BadVersionException: KeeperErrorCode = BadVersion for /configs/my-core/managed-schemao.a.s.s.ManagedIndexSchema Failed to persist managed schema at /configs/my-core/managed-schema - version mismatch

Also why solr updates and persists the managed-schema while ingesting data? I see managed-schema shouldn't be affected by data updates.
Thanks

Re: ManagedIndexSchema Bad version when trying to persist schema

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Bah, I should have said when you create a collection. You get the
following if you create your collection using the default schema:

WARNING: Using _default configset with data driven schema
functionality. NOT RECOMMENDED for production use.
         To turn off: bin/solr config -c eoe -p 8982 -action
set-user-property -property update.autoCreateFields -value false

But as Shawn says, if you have add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema
configured in your update processor chain in solrconfig.xml, you're
using schemaless mode.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:  Hi Erick,Thanks for your reply.No, we aren't using schemaless
: mode.  <schemaFactory/> is not explicitly declared in
: our solrconfig.xmlAlso we have only one replica and one shard.

ManagedIndexSchemaFactory has been the default since 6.0 unless an
explicit schemaFactory is defined...

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/major-changes-from-solr-5-to-solr-6.html

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/schema-factory-definition-in-solrconfig.html

-Hoss

http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: ManagedIndexSchema Bad version when trying to persist schema

Posted by Mikhail Ibraheem <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi Erick,Thanks for your reply.No, we aren't using schemaless mode.  <schemaFactory/> is not explicitly declared in our solrconfig.xmlAlso we have only one replica and one shard.
Any help?
ThanksMikhail
    On Thursday, 11 October 2018, 17:53:01 EET, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

 bq: Also why solr updates and persists the managed-schema while ingesting data?

I'd guess you are using "schemaless mode", which is expressly
recommended _against_ for production systems. See "Schemaless Mode" in
the reference guide.

I'd disable schemaless mode (when you start Solr there should be a
message telling you how to disable it via curl, but I'd modify my
solrconfig.xml file to remove it permanently)

Best,
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.