Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org> on 2009/03/26 17:54:57 UTC

[0.5] Release Candidate

Hi,

I believe that the major blocking issues for 0.5 are close to being
resolved. If anyone has any blocking issues that they need included in
0.5 now would be the time to say.

I am aiming to start creating RCs next Friday with the packages we
have ready to go. If there is a package listed as a sub task of
QPID-1746 that you would really like to ship as part of 0.5 then you
have till Friday to get that change in to the branch.

If we can still push to get all the issues assigned to 0.5 closed out
that would be great.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=1&status=3&status=4&fixfor=12313597&sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

Regards

Martin
--
Martin Ritchie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: [0.5] Release Candidate

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> 2009/3/31 Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>:
>
>> Martin,
>>
>> Do you have an update on 0.5.
>>

> Hi Carl,
>
> There are still a number of blocking issues from the Java side which
> we need to resolve and there may yet be change required from the
> outstanding review items:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=1&status=3&status=4&fixfor=12313597&sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
>
> I don't think I'll get through the outstanding work I have by Friday,

not an issue, was just asked for the board report.

thx Carl.

Re: [0.5] Release Candidate

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2009/3/31 Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>:

> Martin,
>
> Do you have an update on 0.5.

Hi Carl,

There are still a number of blocking issues from the Java side which
we need to resolve and there may yet be change required from the
outstanding review items:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&status=1&status=3&status=4&fixfor=12313597&sorter/field=assignee&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

I don't think I'll get through the outstanding work I have by Friday,
how is every one else fixed?

When we have all these items completed then I think we can roll an RC.
Difficult to estimate how long everyone will be fixing issues but we
can see where we are next week.

Regards

Martin

Re: [0.5] Release Candidate

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Martin,

Do you have an update on 0.5.

regards
Carl.

Re: [0.5] Release Candidate

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2009/3/26 Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Question...
>
>> I believe that the major blocking issues for 0.5 are close to being
>> resolved. If anyone has any blocking issues that they need included
> in
>> 0.5 now would be the time to say.
>
> What does QPID-1749 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1749)
> "Create c++ client example package" include?

Good question, I thought it would be just the c++ example source files
and the relevant build scripts to work in conjunction with the client
package.

>> I am aiming to start creating RCs next Friday with the packages we
>> have ready to go. If there is a package listed as a sub task of
>> QPID-1746 that you would really like to ship as part of 0.5 then you
>> have till Friday to get that change in to the branch.
>
> Ok... I'm working on a Windows installer. Is the building/processing
> of that installer something you want in the svn repo by next Friday? I
> was assuming that I'd probably wait until the 0.5 release was done,
> grab it, build it, package it. Is this what you were thinking?

Either works for me. If you want the installer to be part of 0.5 then
it needs to be in the repo. I think that having the artefacts will be
a major leap forward so they could be built from the RCs later.

If we go with the build later option and if you are building those
artefacts will need to get your pgp keys added to the Apache ring of
trust so we can vote on and host the binaries.

hth

Martin

RE: [0.5] Release Candidate

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.