Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kenneth J. Hughes" <kj...@entel.com> on 2002/08/24 15:21:22 UTC

portal from latest build?

I'm trying to bring up the latest Cocoon portal stuff (using W2k,
JDK1.4, Tomcat4.0.4).

When I deploy the Cocoon 2.0.3 binary I see the Cocoon welcome page.
Navigating over to the scratch area I see that there're instructions
to get the latest CVS HEAD and recompile to see the portal demo, which
I did with

build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes webapp

After doing that, deleting the old cocoon dir in webapps, and
copying over the .war file, when I fire up the new Cocoon and am
surprised to see that http://localhost:8080/cocoon brings up
cocoon/documents/index.html rather than the welcome page.

Is this supposed to happen now?  If so, how do I bring up the portal
demo?  If not, what did I do wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Ken

Re: portal from latest build?

Posted by Ramy Mamdouh <ra...@imkenberg.net>.
Hello,

Bringing the documents/index.html is normal, you can find the portal and
other samples using /cocoon/samples/
Then you will find all the samples links on this page.

Best Regards.