Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2010/01/22 11:28:01 UTC

Apache retreat in Ireland

http://apache.eventbrite.com/

I am seriously considering going there. I like the fact that ASF is
trying to move from official expensive conference to a number of
smaller informal events. If others want to join we can share a car
(although the place is pretty close to Dublin, so public
transportation seems like a reasonable option).

Andrus

Re: Apache retreat in Ireland

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
ApacheCon as opposed to a retreat has a fee (IIRC below|around a 1000
USD with a discount for committers). Also ApacheCons are held in
fairly expensive hotels. You don't have to stay in that hotel to
attend (though most people do, not sure why), but you still have to
find an alternative in the same area.

> I thought ASF will pay for airplane tickets if kindly asked to..

Apache recently started providing limited travel assistance, given on
a case to case basis to those considered in need of such assistance.
So this is more of an exception, not the rule. Also I think speakers'
all|some expenses are paid and the conference fee is waived.

> At least hotel rooms and food are included, don't they?

For retreat yes (although the details are not final on the food). For
ApacheCon - no.

> what do "Free" labels on retreat site mean?

No conference fee, and a free room.

Andrus

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.

--