Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/27 21:08:02 UTC

[DISCUSS] Annoying THIRD-PARTY.properties file

All,

Every time I build Sentry, the THIRD-PARTY.properties file is modified and
I see mistakes on code reviews where this file is uploaded as part of the
review. This causes a waste of time to contributors because they need to
remove that file and submit another patch.

Is there anything we can do to avoid that file to be modified in every
build? This is becoming annoying because part of code reviews feedback is
to remove that file from the patch.

This file modification was part of the auto license generation for the
packaging. This file is not useful during our development process except
when doing a release. Anyone with knowledge on how to avoid that file to be
modified?

- Sergio

Re: [DISCUSS] Annoying THIRD-PARTY.properties file

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Colm, that sounds a possible solution.
I'll work on that profile.

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Colm,

That will be good.