Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Zdenek Nemec <ze...@mapfactor.com> on 2003/12/09 11:39:11 UTC

Releasing tree walker

Hello list,
I would like to kindly ask if there is any way to immediately erase
DOMTreeWalker created with DOMDocumentTraversal::createTreeWalker? I've
noticed that release() doesn't free the object before original document
is destroyed.
Is there any way to do that? Or there is some important reason why the
walker is alive untill doc get destroyed?

Sorry if this was discussed before but I haven't found it in the archive
and I am not sure if xml spec says anything about this.

regards
Zdenek Nemec