Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anit Alexander <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/03 13:00:43 UTC

custom format

hello user,

I am trying to create a map reduce program which will have splits
based on a specific length. The content has to be extracted in a way
such that the newline(\n) or tab(\t) etc characters will be considered
as a byte and not as a mapper instance. is this possible through
custom input? if yes, how will i create a custom file split based on a
specific length value. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Anit

Re: custom format