Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/15 06:48:19 UTC

ASF Website privacy problem consultation

Hi John,

We are maintaining the Website of Apache ECharts (incubating) project [1]
and we'd like to know if it's OK for us to use third-party Website
analytics tools (such as Google Analytics [2] and Baidu Analytics [3]) to
track information like page view number and so on.

We are currently using Baidu Analytics, which behaves quite like Google
Analytics, collecting information by tracking cookies so that we can get
the page view and other data.

I noticed Google Analytics is mentioned in ASF privacy policy page [4], but
I'm not sure if there would be any question if we use Baidu/Google
Analytics. Is there anything we should be aware of when using them? Do we
have to create an account that can be accessed by all PMC members for the
data?

Thanks!

[1] http://echarts.apache.org
[2] https://www.google.com/analytics