Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/04 08:42:18 UTC

How to handle Range header in Http Core

Hi

I'm developing a UPnP/DLNA media server, and using Http Core for file
transfer.
Client may ask for part of the file, using IF Range and Range Http headers.
Is there a easy way to deal with that?
Or I have to write my own FileEntity?

Thanks
LongkerDandy

Re: How to handle Range header in Http Core

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 15:42 +0800, LongkerDandy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm developing a UPnP/DLNA media server, and using Http Core for file
> transfer.
> Client may ask for part of the file, using IF Range and Range Http headers.
> Is there a easy way to deal with that?

LongkerDandy

HttpCore does not support byte ranges / partial entities out of the box.

> Or I have to write my own FileEntity?

Most likely you will need to write a custom protocol interceptor in
order to add range headers and a custom FileEntity capable of writing
out it content partially given a particular byte range.

Hope this helps

Oleg