Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/01 10:18:54 UTC

Java Interfaces

Hi, I'm using JBuilder 9 Ent. Which, of course, comes bundled with Axis, as it supports SOAP. I'm getting the hang of using WSDL, SOAP on web interfaces but my Java programming capabilities are limited. I'd like to know if anyone knows of a place where I can download sample/example Java web apps (obviously using SOAP), that I can play with in JBuilder.

Cheers,

-Yves

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: Java Interfaces

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@Objectweb.org>.
Try www.xmethods.net

There is a lot of webservices examples ...

Regards
Guillaume

Re: Java Interfaces

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hmmm, thanks, but that's not exactly it, basically, I'm just looking for a working example of an actual application. JBuilder 7 came with an IP Works SOAP example that converts national currencies- it doesn't work with JBuilder 9. So that's basically what I'm looking for: an application using SOAP (with a GUI, to translate text, search Amazon, whatever) with, of course, an open-source.

Chandrasegaram Jeyakumaran <jk...@opensource.lk> wrote:Hi,
I think you just want to know how to use webervices and codes related to
it.(Isn't it?).
I think to start with, better go in to the apache axis directory and
download the userguide samples there. (They are very easy samples to
start.)
Every thing is explained in the axis userguide.

wishes..

regards,
Jeyakumaran

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
I got my javac to work from everywhere now (I just reinstalled the sdk), but that wasn't the problem. Hmmm. Does anyone have XP running? How do you have the classpath and path and everything set up? Since I have all the axis jars in the classpath and and in the path, I think there could easily be something I mis-typed.

Xavier Renard <Xa...@ulg.ac.be> wrote:

Dhanush Gopinath wrote:

| PATH=C:\j2sdk1.4.1_06\bin;%PATH%
|
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\axis.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\axis-ant.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\commons-discovery.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\commons-logging.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\jaxrpc.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\saaj.jar
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AXIS\axis-1_1\lib\wsdl4j.jar
|
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;D:\Web Services
| Trials\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.17\common\lib\servlet.jar
|
| set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AxisDemos
| Hi
| My PATH and CLASSPATH
|
| C:\AxisDemos => Is my working directiry.. It contains the Client class
| and the package which includes the 4 files
| C:\AXIS\axis-1_1 => is Axis_home

My 2 cents:
I would put the . in the PATH

and for the last line, i would add a backslash at the end
so
set PATH=.;%PATH%

and

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\AxisDemos\

Xavier

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Nevermind... I just needed to restart the service...

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: Help Needed in Installing

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Thanks Kanchana ,

It was the conflicting of an older version of servlet.jar and xerces.jar with the new versions. Now the problems is fixed

Thanks

Dhanush

Help Needed in Installing

Remote client can't talk to server

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
     I've got a small java app running that works in a client/server relationship on MY computer, but when I go to run the app from a completely different machine I get ye old "Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/AxisFault" does this mean, that since it's having trouble finding apache that I need to install Axis on the client machine (and thus every client machine I hope to use an Axis app on)?

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
I don't know what's going on, nothing seems to be helping... I've got all the classpath & path variables set (in XP). Come to think of it, I was able to compile another thing with javac, so I don't think there's a problem on that end....

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Posted by Xavier Renard <Xa...@ulg.ac.be>.

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial. Problem solved: new problem

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
I got the TaxClient.java to compile, it was a case that I needed to first compile the other four dependent files, now that's okay.
When I go to run the app (java TaxClient) I get:
An Axis Fault occurred: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
What's up with that?

Re: Remote client can't access server

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hey that worked! When I just added the axis.jar to the classpath it complained about javax or something, so I just ended up adding all eight .jar files to the classpath, are they all necessary? Thanks again.

Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com> wrote:You just need to make sure that your client app has access to the axis.jar
library.

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Awesome! It works! Just a question, I ended up adding all 8 .jar files to the classpath of the client machine, because after just adding the axis.jar it complained about javax something so I just added 'em all, was that necessary or are there only a couple I really need? Thanks again!

Posted by Ben Souther <bs...@fwdco.com>.

--
Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.

Remote client can't access server

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
It can be ... I dunno
Just add the JAVA_HOME to ur PATH and

ur working directory to the CLASSPATH and try again

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Re: Apache Axis Tutorial

Re: Java Interfaces

Posted by Tom Oinn <tm...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Yves wrote:
 > I sent a response yesterday but it didn't get posted... hmm... anyway.
 > Basically I'm just looking for a working example application (ie. that
 > searches Amazon, Google; converts currencies; whatever, just so I can
 > see how an application interface (Java based) creates SOAP messages.
 >
 > -Yves

I'd suggest looking at the dynamic invocation sample in the axis
distribution, it certainly helped me write my client code for the
workflow project I'm involved with.

There are really two ways of using Axis as a client, dynamic and
precompiled. In the first case, you can consume any service without
having to know at compile time the interface of that service; this
approach is more flexible but also somewhat more complex to code. The
second case relies upon the rather arcane WSDL2Java process and friends,
and I personally don't like it particularly, although it may be better
suited to some applications. The real problem with this approach is that
you have to know at build time exactly what service you want to interact
with (this is, of course, only a problem for some cases).

Our dynamic invocation framework is at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/taverna/taverna1.0/src/org/embl/ebi/escience/scuflworkers/wsdl/#dirlist
but this might well be more complex than what you're looking for.

HTH,

Tom

RE: Java Interfaces

Posted by Tony Vieitez <to...@responsauk.co.uk>.
Hi Yves

Try this site:

http://www.xmethods.com

It provides links to many publicly available demonstration web services,
some of which also have example clients that you can use to try out the
service or see how to use it.

Tony

Re: Java Interfaces

Posted by Yves <bo...@yahoo.com>.
I sent a response yesterday but it didn't get posted... hmm... anyway. Basically I'm just looking for a working example application (ie. that searches Amazon, Google; converts currencies; whatever, just so I can see how an application interface (Java based) creates SOAP messages.

-Yves

Chandrasegaram Jeyakumaran <jk...@opensource.lk> wrote:
Hi,
I think you just want to know how to use webervices and codes related to
it.(Isn't it?).
I think to start with, better go in to the apache axis directory and
download the userguide samples there. (They are very easy samples to
start.)
Every thing is explained in the axis userguide.

wishes..

regards,
Jeyakumaran

> Hi, I'm using JBuilder 9 Ent. Which, of course, comes bundled with Axis,
> as it supports SOAP. I'm getting the hang of using WSDL, SOAP on web
> interfaces but my Java programming capabilities are limited. I'd like to
> know if anyone knows of a place where I can download sample/example Java
> web apps (obviously using SOAP), that I can play with in JBuilder.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Yves

> Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Lanka Software Foundation