Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Xavier Merlin <xa...@kbc.be> on 2001/10/19 10:49:47 UTC

rookie's question regarding dynamic html pages

Hello,

I  am a rookie in this, so I am probably asking trivial things here.

My current environment is:

Windows NT 4.0 SP 5,
Apache 1.3.9
Active state perl 522

I have written a perl monitor which writes simple static html pages having
the format

<pre>
.... multiple ascii lines (output of the various monitors)
</pre>

I would like to make those pages dynamic

Maybe  modperl can help. What do I need ? Any experiences, example(s) ?

Should I need the following  described in
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/perl-win32-bin-0.7.readme ?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Tnx

Xavier

Re: rookie's question regarding dynamic html pages

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
EaOn 19 Oct 2001, Xavier Merlin wrote:

> I would like to make those pages dynamic
>
> Maybe  modperl can help. What do I need ?

The Eagle Book:

  "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C", ISBN 1-56592-567-X,
  by Lincoln Stein and Doug MacEachern.

  It is available from O'Reilley (www.oreilly.com) and of course
  from Jubilee Office Supplies (www.jubileegroup.co.uk).

Stas Bekman's mod_perl Guide: