Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Evgeny Ryzhkov <ev...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 09:45:08 UTC

Apache Wicket & IE 10/11 performance issue

Good day,

In our project we have a page with a table with a lot of rows
(~100...1000). The table is built using Wicket components and there are
some places where Wicket's Javascript code is executed when
onReadyStateChange event is fired. It leads to performance degradation on
IE 10/11 when the page is loading (there is no problem with FF and Chrome).
We have upgraded to Wicket 6.16 but without any success.

Does anybody have the simular problem?

Thanks in advance.

--
Evgeny Ryzhkov
email: evgeny.ryzhkov@gmail.com

Re: Apache Wicket & IE 10/11 performance issue

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There was a problem with jQuery(selector).text() method in older versions
of Wicket 6.x but it has been fixed by using plain DOM APIs.
If you can find what exactly causes the slowness then we can try to
optimize Wicket JS code even more.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
What do you have on table rows? AJAX links?

wrote:

> Good day,
>
> In our project we have a page with a table with a lot of rows
> (~100...1000). The table is built using Wicket components and there are
> some places where Wicket's Javascript code is executed when
> onReadyStateChange event is fired. It leads to performance degradation on
> IE 10/11 when the page is loading (there is no problem with FF and Chrome).
> We have upgraded to Wicket 6.16 but without any success.
>
> Does anybody have the simular problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Evgeny Ryzhkov