Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/01/18 12:43:30 UTC

[classlib] Java namespace in org.apache.harmony

I changed thread name to keep this issue from getting buried in the
security2 discussion (and get it out of there...)  I also added
[classlib] in the subject to help people sort things out...  I plan to
use [classlib:security2] for more disucssion about my sec2 problems...

"org.apache.harmony" == o.a.h  for short is the root of our project java
namespace.

Should we consider

   o.a.h.classlib

for the classlibrary work?  We have no reason to now, and the extremos
will tell us not to do it unless we need it, but I can easily imagine us
needing it, and it will be less of a royal PITA to do later....

geir

Re: [classlib] Java namespace in org.apache.harmony

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
don't care either way

Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib] Java namespace in org.apache.harmony

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> I changed thread name to keep this issue from getting buried in the
>> security2 discussion (and get it out of there...)  I also added
>> [classlib] in the subject to help people sort things out...  I plan to
>> use [classlib:security2] for more disucssion about my sec2 problems...
>>
>> "org.apache.harmony" == o.a.h  for short is the root of our project java
>> namespace.
>>
>> Should we consider
>>
>>   o.a.h.classlib
>
> What is classlib?

Denotes the namespace for this part of harmony, the classlibrary part.
For example, we may do some set of tools and would want to place in

   o.a.h.tools

Or maybe someone wants to come and do CORBA here, and that would
probably be something we'd offer as a standalone thing - so

   o.a.h.corba

etc...

geir

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 1/18/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> I changed thread name to keep this issue from getting buried in the
> security2 discussion (and get it out of there...)  I also added
> [classlib] in the subject to help people sort things out...  I plan to
> use [classlib:security2] for more disucssion about my sec2 problems...
>
> "org.apache.harmony" == o.a.h  for short is the root of our project java
> namespace.
>
> Should we consider
>
>   o.a.h.classlib

What is classlib?