Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Chapman <mi...@kpmcornerstone.com> on 2007/08/23 22:32:58 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Blacklist problems!]

I have posted the output of spamassassin --lint -D to:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/knid/spamd-lint.html

Thanks!

Michael

RE: [Fwd: Re: Blacklist problems!]

Posted by Dan Barker <db...@visioncomm.net>.
Ok, Ok, Ok. Thanks for all the <help>. All of you. (Lots<g>).

I've always tested with commands that I type. I sometimes answer email with
commands I copy/paste/modify. Sometimes the modification is complete (delete
--lint, add message); sometimes it's incomplete (add message).

Correction noted. --lint removed from all versions of this thread (Please?).

Dan --lint Barker

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Dan Barker wrote:
> Did you pipe in the same message (that was showing the blacklist hit)?
>
> That output does not show a blacklist hit, and scores the message 4.2
>
> I've always tested with:
>
> spamassassin --lint -D < messagetocheck.whatever

If you use the --lint flag whatever input you pass to spamassassin, in
this case "messagetocheck.whatever", is ignored.

Daryl

Re: [Fwd: Blacklist problems!]

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Jari Fredriksson wrote on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:30:09 +0300:

> Right or wrong?

Right. Actually, I think the --lint will override and skip the given
message, it always uses the internal test message.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: [Fwd: Re: Blacklist problems!]

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
> Did you pipe in the same message (that was showing the
> blacklist hit)?
>
> That output does not show a blacklist hit, and scores the
> message 4.2
>
> I've always tested with:
>
> spamassassin --lint -D < messagetocheck.whatever

I have always tested with

    spamassassin        -D < messagetocheck.whatever

OR

    spamassassin --lint -D

I thought the --lint generates an internal message, and does not need a real message to test the system. With a real message the --lint is not needed.

Right or wrong?

RE: [Fwd: Re: Blacklist problems!]