Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2016/02/20 23:38:05 UTC

Possible Apache Cocoon trademark violation

Hi,

I thought I should tell you about this...

A home 3D printer, the "Cocoon Create" is on the market in Australia. The
product is described on their website here: http://www.cocooncreate.com.au
. It's distributed by a company called Winplus, and it was available at
Aldi supermarkets last week.

To my mind the style of the Cocoon Create logo is very similar to that of
the Apache Cocoon project. The "Cocoon" word is fairly generic and I doubt
you'd object to its use for a product that's not connected with Apache
Cocoon. The visual style is another matter. If the Project Management
Committee agrees, I suggest you ask Winplus to change the appearance of
their logo.

Regards

Paul Foxworthy

Re: Possible Apache Cocoon trademark violation

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 22/02/2016 14:16, gelo1234 wrote:
> Well, what relates to Cocoon, I have found a brand new baby called Cocoon:
>
> https://cocoon.io/
>
> Shall we not protect Apache Cocoon (R) (TM) ? :)

Definitely: thanks for reporting.

More information at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Possible Apache Cocoon trademark violation

Posted by gelo1234 <ge...@gmail.com>.
Well, what relates to Cocoon, I have found a brand new baby called Cocoon:

https://cocoon.io/

Shall we not protect Apache Cocoon (R) (TM) ? :)

Greetings,
Greg

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.