Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/06/01 21:17:28 UTC

[INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Hi all,

Now that METRON-844 is in, I plan to proceed with the 0.4.0 release candidate.  I think 844 was the last item we considered a must-have for the 0.4.0 release, and we want to post this release before incorporating several broad changes that should go in the NEXT release not this one (METRON-777, 942, 975, 876, etc.).

Let me know if anything else is considered must-have for 0.4.0, but I’m going to proceed unless I hear otherwise.  Current HEAD is SHA1= 85872bd686 (METRON-858), I’ll go from there.

Thanks,

--Matt

Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.
I would also appreciate a +1 on https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/605

On 6/1/17, 4:02 PM, "Matt Foley" <mf...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    The METRON-976 patch looks short and sweet.  If someone familiar with that chunk of code
    can +1 it, it can go in too.

    On 6/1/17, 3:23 PM, "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:

        What about 976, which follows the Kerberized trend for this release?

        Jon

        --

        Jon

Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.

    --

    Jon

Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

--

Jon

Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
Matt, I think we have been waiting for a reply from Christian for a while.  I would like to proceed with the build and if he chimes in we can include his PR in the next release.

26.06.2017, 10:17, "Matt Foley" <ma...@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
> I am proceeding with building the 0.4.0 release candidate, from current HEAD of master.
>
> Christian, still looking forward to getting the improvements for the PaloAlto parser in, in testable form. If you’re not going to be able to fix the unit tests presently, please tell the community so maybe someone else will pick up the task. (BTW, we are all under various time constraints, so we understand if you cannot commit the time at this point.) You also mentioned being able to provide some anonymized test data, which would be extremely useful if someone else does need to do the unit tests.
>
> Thanks much,
> --Matt
>
> On 6/2/17, 11:36 AM, "Matt Foley" <mfoley@hortonworks.com on behalf of mattf@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     Hi Christian,
>     I agree this would be nice to have. I also agree with @kylerichardson ‘s review comments that the change (with field renames and outputs) is large enough to require consistent changes in the unit test. Could you please revive the unit test for PaloAltoParser?
>
>     Thanks,
>     --Matt
>
>     On 6/2/17, 2:03 AM, "Christian Tramnitz" <tr...@trasec.de> wrote:
>
>         While not a must-have, METRON-941 / PR-579 should be trivial enough to include it.
>
>         Thanks,
>            Christian

-------------------
Thank you,

James Sirota
PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
jsirota AT apache DOT org

Re: [INCOMING] Metron 0.4.0 release (RC3)

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
There are 135 jiras with patches committed to 0.4.0 in github.  They may be queried via the somewhat large JQL search below.

Most of them are marked “DONE”, but have no “Fix Version”.  I will mark them as fixed in “0.4.0” per our SOP.  If you know that some Jira is marked DONE but isn’t really fixed in 0.4.0, please let me know.

There are 18 not marked DONE.  I will contact their authors to confirm that they should be closed.
Thanks,
--Matt (with release manager hat on)

project = METRON AND key in (METRON-996, METRON-995, METRON-906, METRON-980, METRON-987, METRON-976, METRON-962, METRON-979, METRON-569, METRON-978, METRON-979, METRON-977, METRON-979, METRON-858, METRON-937, METRON-974, METRON-819, METRON-964, METRON-844, METRON-949, METRON-953, METRON-959, METRON-811, METRON-958, METRON-966, METRON-965, METRON-961, METRON-948, METRON-963, METRON-891, METRON-936, METRON-955, METRON-954, METRON-950, METRON-934, METRON-952, METRON-932, METRON-902, METRON-912, METRON-943, METRON-886, METRON-946, METRON-945, METRON-931, METRON-944, METRON-905, METRON-935, METRON-913, METRON-840, METRON-896, METRON-795, METRON-903, METRON-907, METRON-915, METRON-726, METRON-836, METRON-899, METRON-861, METRON-870, METRON-859, METRON-857, METRON-892, METRON-873, METRON-888, METRON-883, METRON-835, METRON-857, METRON-864, METRON-868, METRON-866, METRON-867, METRON-799, METRON-799, METRON-634, METRON-821, METRON-842, METRON-862, METRON-848, METRON-856, METRON-849, METRON-830, METRON-845, METRON-623, METRON-832, METRON-839, METRON-829, METRON-831, METRON-817, METRON-826, METRON-827, METRON-822, METRON-823, METRON-820, METRON-808, METRON-196, METRON-814, METRON-642, METRON-815, METRON-818, METRON-812, METRON-810, METRON-816, METRON-804, METRON-796, METRON-773, METRON-797, METRON-797, METRON-797, METRON-793, METRON-700, METRON-806, METRON-807, METRON-765, METRON-770, METRON-771, METRON-792, METRON-791, METRON-769, METRON-767, METRON-766, METRON-764, METRON-671, METRON-641, METRON-755, METRON-752, METRON-745, METRON-712, METRON-758, METRON-694, METRON-744, METRON-701, METRON-503, METRON-503, METRON-503, METRON-743, METRON-646, METRON-686, METRON-742, METRON-741, METRON-740, METRON-728, METRON-733, METRON-690)

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
Ok METRON-995 is in, so we should be able to release any time from my
perspective.  I think we're just waiting on some resolution for 941 at this
point (that thread seems dead).

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.