Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/11/16 22:47:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Hi,

so I learned a lot more this time.

First of all: If you follow the normal release path of "mvn release:prepare" "mvn  release:perform" the tags arent created correctly. You have to set the version to the release version and set the tag property manually, commit and tag that commit manually. After that a "mvn -P apache-release deploy" has to be issued to stage the release candidate. As soon as that was successfully, update the version to the next development version and set the tag back to HEAD. (I just thught I'd post that for documenting it)

Also I left the staging repo open the last time. This time I closed it which makes Nexus do all sorts of PGP checks as well as checks if the poms respect the apache release policy and all mandatory fields contain valid values. After the repo is closed you actually get a public url for testing the RC:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflex-1001?

Think with this it's a lot easier to check.

Chris

AW: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Having a look at this, I have to agree that the RC3 was pretty ugly. Fortunately I have gotten fast with creating new RCs so I create an RC4:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflex-1003/

Starting the new VOTE thread right away.

Chris

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Justin, Erik is right. You should try to be more careful.

I do try to be careful but I made a mistake. I have no issue with constructive criticism. My response was trying to inject a little humour into the situation and perhaps point out we're being IMO a little silly about this. There should be no need to clog up the mailing list with messages about misspelling the word "rhe".

Thanks,

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
One of the phrases I try to practice is this [1].   It gives the assumption that the text doesn't convey jokes and sarcasm well.

[1] "Assume positive intent".

-Mark

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

> Erik, I’m not sure Justin takes criticism very well from you. It might be
> more effective if you leave that to someone else.

I'm afraid you're right :-(

Thanks for taking this one. I'll refrain from commenting any more on this
or future instances (of which I hope there will be few).

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Justin, Erik is right. You should try to be more careful. I’m a native English speaker and I had to read it more than once to make sure I read it right. I was not sure if you were referring to a specific tag. There’s no reason to get defensive. Take it for what it was: constructive criticism.

Erik, I’m not sure Justin takes criticism very well from you. It might be more effective if you leave that to someone else.

Harbs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

> Shouldn't this point what what teh tag will be when the software is
> released?

"what what teh"?

Please be more careful writing emails, as per our recent consensus on email
etiquette. Mistakes in spelling easily translate into misunderstandings
about intend. There is no hurry when dealing with these types of issues, so
if you don't have time to re-read emails and make sure they are properly
spelled etc., please hold off on sending until you do.

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so after all adjusting the files again, I fixed the README again and staged RC3 ... hopefully now all will be sattisfied :-)

Chris

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex Tool API 1.0.0 RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.