Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/07 13:26:57 UTC

Create durable subscription to Azure Service Bus

Hi,

Testing QPid JMS (AMQP v1.0) with Azure Service Bus (SB).

Trying to get durable subscriptions to work.
I have created a topic in SB

When starting my test app I get:

javax.jms.JMSException: The messaging entity
'mynamespace:topic:test.topic~15|test1' could not be found.
TrackingId:12ecc2a3-f8f3-42a3-8bd5-ad5d9823c367_B20,
SystemTracker:jjarkebo:topic:test.topic~15|test1, Timestamp:8/7/2017
1:23:34 PM TrackingId:b1af76b2b7a44b95ad2bd0e01f406507_G20,
SystemTracker:gateway6, Timestamp:8/7/2017 1:23:34 PM
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.TopicSubscriberImpl.createClientReceiver(TopicSubscriberImpl.java:111)
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.MessageConsumerImpl.<init>(MessageConsumerImpl.java:129)
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.TopicSubscriberImpl.<init>(TopicSubscriberImpl.java:46)
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.SessionImpl.createDurableSubscriber(SessionImpl.java:544)
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.SessionImpl.createDurableSubscriber(SessionImpl.java:512)
at
org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.SessionImpl.createDurableSubscriber(SessionImpl.java:59)
at com.vcrs.test.AmqpJmsSubscriberApp.<init>(AmqpJmsSubscriberApp.java:39)
at com.vcrs.test.AmqpJmsSubscriberApp.main(AmqpJmsSubscriberApp.java:67)

Any ideas why this happen?
Do you have a working example?

My test app code below

import javax.jms.*;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;

import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.Connection;
import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.ConnectionFactory;
import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.Destination;
import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.MessageConsumer;
import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.MessageProducer;
import org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.Session;

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.util.Hashtable;
import java.util.Random;

public class AmqpJmsSubscriberApp {
    private Connection connection;
    private Session subscriberSession;
    private MessageConsumer subscriber;

    public AmqpJmsSubscriberApp() throws Exception {
        Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
"org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory");

        env.put("connectionfactory.SBCF", "amqps://
MyUser:MySecretKey@mynamespace.servicebus.windows.net:5671");
        env.put("topic.TOPIC", "test.topic");

        Context context = new InitialContext(env);

        ConnectionFactory cf = (ConnectionFactory) context.lookup("SBCF");
        Topic topic = (Topic) context.lookup("TOPIC");

        connection = cf.createConnection();

        subscriberSession = connection.createSession(false,
Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        subscriber = subscriberSession.createDurableSubscriber(topic,
"test1");

        MessageListener messagelistener = new MessageListener()
        {
           public void onMessage(Message message)
           {
               try {
              BytesMessage byteMsg = (BytesMessage)message;

              byte[] byteArr = new byte[(int)byteMsg.getBodyLength()];
              byteMsg.readBytes(byteArr);
              String msg = new String(byteArr);

                   System.out.println("Received message with JMSMessageID =
" + message.getJMSMessageID());
                   System.out.println("You said " + msg);
                   message.acknowledge();
               } catch (Exception e) {
                   e.printStackTrace();
               }
           }
        };

        subscriber.setMessageListener( messagelistener );
        connection.start();
    }

        try {
        AmqpJmsSubscriberApp simpleSubscriber = new AmqpJmsSubscriberApp();
            System.out.println("Press [enter] to send a message. Type
'exit' + [enter] to quit.");
            BufferedReader commandLine = new java.io.BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(System.in));

            while (true) {
                String s = commandLine.readLine();
                if (s.equalsIgnoreCase("exit")) {
                simpleSubscriber.close();
                    System.exit(0);
                }
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

    public void close() throws JMSException {
        connection.close();
    }
}

Re: Create durable subscription to Azure Service Bus

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The client isn't tested against RabbitMQ, the brokers current
behaviour around the 'modified' disposition will essentially prevent
them being used together for now. I filed an issue for it along with
another last year when debugging some issues with a different client:
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-amqp1.0/issues/34

Per the issue description I think the broker is being overly agressive
in this case, as it isn't reacting to clients actually using the
outcome but rather that the client mention supporting it at all. It
could either support it or just be nicer about not supporting it.

Robbie

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
As in a post last week:

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 10/08/17 17:55, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I dont think any of the points on unsupported features below actually
> relate to what you are seeing, with it instead just being a difference
> in what the AMQP JMS Mapping does for passing JMS subscription
> details, versus the approach Service Bus is using/expecting.

I *think* one key difference is that with service bus you have to first
create the subscription (and you can't do that through AMQP?) before you
can consume from it.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I dont think any of the points on unsupported features below actually
relate to what you are seeing, with it instead just being a difference
in what the AMQP JMS Mapping does for passing JMS subscription
details, versus the approach Service Bus is using/expecting.

From what you outlined, it appears that ServiceBus uses a

On 10 August 2017 at 12:01, 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found the answer:
> It is not possible to create durable subscriptions dynamically with
> QPid/AMQ v1.0 due to:
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/service-bus-java-how-to-use-jms-api-amqp#unsupported-features-and-restrictions
>
> Unsupported features and restrictions
>
> The following restrictions exist when using JMS over AMQP 1.0 with Service
> Bus, namely:
>
>    - Only one MessageProducer or MessageConsumer is allowed per Session. If
>    you need to create multiple MessageProducers or MessageConsumers in an
>    application, create a dedicated Session for each of them.
>    - Volatile topic subscriptions are not currently supported.
>    - MessageSelectors are not currently supported.
>    - Temporary destinations, i.e., TemporaryQueue, TemporaryTopic are not
>    currently supported, along with the QueueRequestor and TopicRequestor APIs
>    that use them.
>    - Transacted sessions and distributed transactions are not supported.
>
> If required then need to use Azure SB API
> https://github.com/Azure/azure-service-bus-java
>
> Regards
> Joacim
>

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:09 PM, 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On the topic defined in Azure Service Bus "test.topic" I have a static
>> subscription defined named "sub1".
>>
>> When publishing I use:
>> env.put("topic.TOPIC", "test.topic");
>>
>> When subscribing to "sub1" I have
>> env.put("topic.TOPIC", "test.topic/Subscriptions/sub1");
>>
>> The naming here seems required i.e. <<topic-name>>/Subscriptions/<
>> <subscription-name>>
>>
>> Maybe some other naming required....or something. I will reach out to
>> Azure forum also.
>>
>> I'll be back :)
>>
>> / Joacim

>>> E.g. if it is easy to get proton python client, you could use the
>>> simple_recv.py example with -a my-namespace.servicebus.window
>>> s.net:5671/test.topic and see what the protocol trace looks like with

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
I have found the answer:

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/08/17 12:27, 4 Integration wrote:
> As suggested by Gordon => Running with env var PN_TRACE_FRM=1 and post the
> protocol trace you see.
>
> Configured a proper logger and got more details:

This looks like either there is no source called test.topic configured
on the service bus, or it doesn't like the 'topic' capability. (You
could try a further experiment with another see if we can rule out one
or other of these).

(The ~15 seems to be coming from something on the service bus side.)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/08/17 12:46, 4 Integration wrote:
> /(Also, service bus appears to be sending the detach *before* echoing
> the attach, which is a protocol error)./

Just for clarification, that part was from a different run where the
detach was before the attach. That is not the case on the latest trace.

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
Additional input from Gordon: "

*This looks like either there is no source called test.topic configured on
the service bus, or it doesn't like the 'topic' capability. (You could try
a further experiment with another see if we can rule out one or other of
these).The ~15 seems to be coming from something on the service bus side.
(Also, service bus appears to be sending the detach *before* echoing the
attach, which is a protocol error).*"

The topic "test.topic" exist as shown in the below screenshot.

[image: Inline image 1]

Tested with topic "aaaa" but same exception
javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The messaging entity
'my-namespace:topic:aaaa~15|qpid ...

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Java version: 8
2017-08-08T12:27:31.590 DEBUG [io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDependent] -
sun.misc.Unsafe: available
[...]
windows.net/52.166.127.37:5671] HANDSHAKEN: TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_
[...]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
Tested to change but the same error.

        //subscriber = subscriberSession.createDurableSubscriber(topic,
"DurableSubscriber1");
        subscriber = subscriberSession.createConsumer(topic);

In the exception - what is "~15" characters?

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The messaging entity
'my-namespace:topic:test.topic~15|qpid-jms:receiver:ID:26eaaacf-965f-4d10-869f-f77b9dca5918:1:1:1:test.topic'
could not be found. TrackingId:12ecc2a3-f8f3-42a3-8bd5-ad5d9823c367_B20,
SystemTracker:my-namespace:topic:test.topic~15|qpid-jms:receiver:ID:26eaaacf-965f-4d10-869f-f77b9dca5918:1:1:1:test.topic,
Timestamp:8/8/2017 8:51:31 AM
TrackingId:eddac23358584ea695974b0e0738b5cc_G28, SystemTracker:gateway6,
Timestamp:8/8/2017 8:51:31 AM [condition = amqp:not-found]
at
org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.amqp.AmqpSupport.convertToException(AmqpSupport.java:150)
at
org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.amqp.AmqpSupport.convertToException(AmqpSupport.java:117)
at
org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.amqp.builders.AmqpResourceBuilder.handleClosed(AmqpResourceBuilder.java:185)
at
org.apache.qpid.jms.provider.amqp.builders.AmqpResourceBuilder.processRemoteClose(AmqpResourceBuilder.java:129)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Does a non-durable subscription work?

Posted by 4 Integration <4i...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I have updated the source but still get the same error.

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The messaging entity
'my-namespace:topic:test.topic~15|test1' could not be found.
TrackingId:12ecc2a3-f8f3-42a3-8bd5-ad5d9823c367_B20,
SystemTracker:my-namespace:topic:test.topic~15|test1, Timestamp:8/8/2017
7:15:35 AM TrackingId:5166f39a3069426ab4ee0ef86f084db6_G31,
SystemTracker:gateway6, Timestamp:8/8/2017 7:15:36 AM [condition =
[...]

Any suggestions?

*Updated source:*

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.util.Hashtable;

import javax.jms.BytesMessage;
import javax.jms.Connection;
import javax.jms.ConnectionFactory;
import javax.jms.JMSException;
import javax.jms.Message;
import javax.jms.MessageConsumer;
import javax.jms.MessageListener;
import javax.jms.Session;
import javax.jms.Topic;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;

public class AmqpJmsSubscriberApp {
    private Connection connection;
    private Session subscriberSession;
    private MessageConsumer subscriber;

    public AmqpJmsSubscriberApp() throws Exception {
        Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
"org.apache.qpid.jms.jndi.JmsInitialContextFactory");

        //amqp://hostname:port[?option=value[&option2=value...]]
        env.put("connectionfactory.SBCF", "amqps://
my-namespace.servicebus.windows.net:5671?jms.clientID=tester&amqp.idleTimeout=120000
");
        env.put("topic.TOPIC", "test.topic");

        Context context = new InitialContext(env);

        ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
context.lookup("SBCF");
        Topic topic = (Topic) context.lookup("TOPIC");

        connection = connectionFactory.createConnection("my-user",
"my-secret-key");

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
> [...]
>          connection.start();
>      }
>
>      public static void main(String[] args) {
>          try {
>          AmqpJmsSubscriberApp simpleSubscriber = new AmqpJmsSubscriberApp();
>              System.out.println("Press [enter] to send a message. Type
> 'exit' + [enter] to quit.");
>              BufferedReader commandLine = new java.io.BufferedReader(new
> InputStreamReader(System.in));
>
>              while (true) {
>                  String s = commandLine.readLine();
>                  if (s.equalsIgnoreCase("exit")) {
>                  simpleSubscriber.close();
>                      System.exit(0);
>                  }
>              }
>          } catch (Exception e) {
>              e.printStackTrace();
>          }
>      }
>
>      public void close() throws JMSException {

 From the packages you're importing you are not using Qpid JMS but are