Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2011/05/29 19:23:43 UTC

Maven-Doxia-Plugin: Generating LaTeX Code from APT

Hi,

currently i'm trying to generate LaTeX code from the apt
documentation...the result is working, but currently i have a problem
that there exists no possibility to change for example the configuration
of generated LaTeX file. For example i would like to change the encoding
which is currently defined to "latin1" or may be putting something
different into the document preamble...for example different handling
instead of fancyhdr etc. or may be the most important to change the page
style etc.

Does someone know if this is possible? Somehow?
Cause i couldn't find any docs about that?...

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Maven-Doxia-Plugin: Generating LaTeX Code from APT

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
>> Yes, sorry.
> No need to apologize for that...

That's my good education... ;)

>  > The maven-doxia-plugin (and underlying book code) is really
>> just alpha quality IMO...
> That means it can be done some work on it...

We were thinking at one point to deprecate the whole book/maven-plugin
components, but it seems that it is actually used by some people... so
if you want to take a look, there's certainly room for improvement.

> I was impressed of the quality of the resulting LaTeX code and the
> resulting PDF, cause it looks much better than the PDF which is created
> via iText (I assume)...except for the flexibility...

Did you also try the maven-pdf-plugin? I think it's much better than the
book code (yeah, I wrote it...)

> So my idea was to go in direction with LaTeX and using the
> latex-maven-plugin, which unfortunately has bug...but this is a
> different story...
>
> So my first idea is to think about enhancing the doxia-maven-plugin and
> increase the configuration flexibility of it...Or should it be done in a
> different way...
>
> May be you can give me a hint where to look for improvements on that
> subject...

You could have a look at the doxia-converter instead:
http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-tools/doxia-converter/index.html

It might be worth to consider re-writing the doxia-maven-plugin to use
that instead of book.

HTH,
-Lukas

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Yes, sorry. The maven-doxia-plugin (and underlying book code) is really
just alpha quality IMO...

-Lukas

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Lukas,

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
The latex sink has a protected constructor that takes a 'String
preamble' parameter, the default is [1], so you should be able to adjust
that.

HTH,
-Lukas

[1]