Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Film Noir <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 01:29:28 UTC

Creating rest client - XSD to Java

Greetings,

I would like to access a rest service (multimap API) and need to create a
client. I've created one using Axis2 however a problem with the service
means I cannot use Axis2.

The reason being Axis2 generates a 'Content-Type' http header in the
following format: 'Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded;
charset=utf-8'. However the service outright will not the 'charset'.

So my question is, if I were to create a rest client using cxf would it
create the header in the same format?

Also, I gather cxf has a wsdl2java tool - however there's no wsdl for the
service, only an XSD. Is it possible to generate java classes based on this?
Similar to the XSD2Java class available in Axis2?

Thanks,
Alan.

Re: Creating rest client - XSD to Java

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
We'll have to wait for Sergey. I didn't know that CXF could create a
JAX-RS client at all.

Similiarly, I believe that the tooling only does soap-y things, not
JAX-RS, but I could again be proven ignorant. I vaguely recall seeing
some unit tests in the JAX-RS stuff that worked with XSD files.