Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> on 2007/03/28 14:25:29 UTC

T5.0.2. Deployment on OC4J 10.1.3

Hi,

Deploying the Starter application - similar to hilo from the tutoral,
but without the Maven stuff - results in the
following error message on OC4J 10.1.3:

Java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate class org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule as builder for module 'tapestry
    ': Error building service proxy for service 'tapestry.ioc.PropertyShadowBuilder' (at org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule
    .buildPropertyShadowBuilder(PropertyAccess)): Unable to lookup class org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.PropertyShadowBuilder: org.apache
    .tapestry.ioc.services.PropertyShadowBuilder

What could be wrong?
Thanks,
-J.

Re: T5.0.2. Deployment on OC4J 10.1.3

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
We have had problems with getting T4 to run on OC4J as well, although
these problems had more to do with the specific OC4J version (every
version below 10.1.3).
This is the first time I'm actually trying to deploy T5 stuff onto 10.1.3.

I've tried the hilo example and build the sample from mvn,
and tried to deploy that onto 10.1.3 as well. There no errors occur, but
then
again no page is shown either:

If I enter: http://<host>:<port>/hilo/start
"it" just returns stating "404 Not Found"

Has anybody here had any success deploying T5 app's onto OC4J 10.1.3+?

Thanks,
-J.

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
It looks like there are some issues regarding the new way
OC4J, as of 10.1.3 handles class loading specifics.

For instance - the engine comes with a system shared library
of apache.commons.logging 1.0.4.

If I specify to use this library I get the message as is shown in
my previous email. If I specify that this shared library should
not be used, falls back to the contents of the WAR, I get:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to resolve page
'ExceptionReport' to a component class name.  Available page names: Start.
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.ComponentClassResolverImpl.resolvePageNameToClassName(ComponentClassResolverImpl.java:179)
    at
$ComponentClassResolver_11198994087.resolvePageNameToClassName($ComponentClassResolver_11198994087.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.RequestPageCacheImpl.get(RequestPageCacheImpl.java:44)
    at $RequestPageCache_111989940c5.get($RequestPageCache_111989940c5.java)
    at $RequestPageCache_111989940a5.get($RequestPageCache_111989940a5.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.DefaultRequestExceptionHandler.handleRequestException(DefaultRequestExceptionHandler.java:48)
    at
$RequestExceptionHandler_1119899407d.handleRequestException($RequestExceptionHandler_1119899407d.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$6.service(TapestryModule.java:523)
    at $RequestHandler_111989940b9.service($RequestHandler_111989940b9.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:56)
    at $RequestHandler_111989940b9.service($RequestHandler_111989940b9.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.LocalizationFilter.service(LocalizationFilter.java:43)
    at $RequestHandler_111989940b9.service($RequestHandler_111989940b9.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:91)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:82)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:77)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:104)
    at $RequestHandler_111989940b9.service($RequestHandler_111989940b9.java)
    at $RequestHandler_111989940b4.service($RequestHandler_111989940b4.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:402)

Probably the packaging of the WAR file also matters? because this
behavior is different from for instance deploying the 'hilo' tutorial
application,
which by the way is also not correct (in OC4J 10.1.3).

Any ideas?
-J.

James Carman wrote:
> It probably doesn't like Javassist (I'm assuming you're using Javassist,
> Howard).  We had the same problems with T4 and HiveMind in general in
> OC4J.
>

> On 3/28/07, Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Deploying the Starter application - similar to hilo from the tutoral,
>> but without the Maven stuff - results in the
>> following error message on OC4J 10.1.3:
>>
>> Java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate class
>> org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule as builder for module
>> 'tapestry
>>     ': Error building service proxy for service '
>> tapestry.ioc.PropertyShadowBuilder' (at
>> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule
>>     .buildPropertyShadowBuilder(PropertyAccess)): Unable to lookup class
>> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.PropertyShadowBuilder: org.apache
>>     .tapestry.ioc.services.PropertyShadowBuilder
>>
>> What could be wrong?
>> Thanks,
>> -J.

Cumquat Information Technology