Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/24 20:53:05 UTC

Need combo to determine action but validation fails

Hi all,

I have a simple Form that contains a DropDownChoice. I have a submit button
and a submit link to change part of the form based on the option selected in
the DropDownChoice.

What it is happening is that because of some fields are invalid (Empty) I
cannot get to the selected option of the DropDownChoice, and by that change
part of the form.

final AjaxSubmitLink cDetailedForm = new AjaxSubmitLink("DetailedForm") {
         public void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
            showHideDetailsOnForm(target);
         }
         public void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
            showHideDetailsOnForm(target);
         }
      };

private void showHideDetailsOnForm(){

String option = ((Map)getModel().getObject()).get("DetailsChoices");

if(option.equals("2")){

}

.....etc.

}

As the form validation fails, I cannot get to the model.  If I set
DefaultFormProcessing to false it doesn't submit it either.

Question Time:

Is there a way to set validations to buttons or submit elements in
particular?

Ex. If I click the button named "SubmitAndValidateAll" some validations are
executed and if I click the button named "SubmitButDontValidateAge" some
not...

f(t)

Re: Need combo to determine action but validation fails

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all.

Finally I solve it by calling the getRawInput.

Thanks anyways guys.

f(t)

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.
I did. But it is the same as I don't have the form valid at the time of
change.

If I change the DropDown with an empty field the validator of the required
field will invalidate the form an hence I won't get the model.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

f(t)

Posted by Swaroop Belur <sw...@gmail.com>.