Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 12:20:38 UTC

Drill Build Issues

Hello all,
I'm having some issues building Drill from source.  I'm getting an error something like "Could not transfer artifact from/to (http://repository.mapr.com/maven <http://repository.mapr.com/maven>). When I attempt to go to that URL I see that it is down.   I'm not a maven expert, but I attempted to remove this from the main pom.xml, but that was clearly not the answer as then Drill wouldn't build at all.

Thanks!
-- C

Here is the full error message:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.5:process (process-resource-bundles) on project distribution: Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in the reactor. Reason: Unable to get dependency information for cisd:jhdf5:jar:14.12.6: Failed to retrieve POM for cisd:jhdf5:jar:14.12.6: Could not transfer artifact cisd:jhdf5:pom:14.12.6 from/to mapr-releases (http://repository.mapr.com/maven/): Failed to transfer file http://repository.mapr.com/maven/cisd/jhdf5/14.12.6/jhdf5-14.12.6.pom with status code 503
[ERROR]   cisd:jhdf5:jar:14.12.6
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR]   conjars (http://conjars.org/repo, releases=true, snapshots=false),
[ERROR]   mapr-releases (http://repository.mapr.com/maven/, releases=true, snapshots=false),
[ERROR]   sonatype-nexus-snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots, releases=false, snapshots=true),
[ERROR]   jitpack.io (https://jitpack.io, releases=true, snapshots=true),
[ERROR]   apache.snapshots (https://repository.apache.org/snapshots, releases=false, snapshots=true),
[ERROR]   central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
[ERROR] Path to dependency:
[ERROR] 	1) org.apache.drill:distribution:pom:1.17.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR] 	2) org.apache.drill.contrib:drill-format-hdf5:jar:1.17.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <args> -rf :distribution

Re: Drill Build Issues

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I still don't understand how that came to be.

It needs to be made more independent.

Re: Drill Build Issues

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drill Build Issues