Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vishnu Venkatesan <vi...@oracle.com> on 2008/02/18 21:40:08 UTC

Authentication in subversion

Hi,
  I am trying to find if there is a way to use encrypted passwords (or
ldap based authentication) instead of cleartext passwords in
svnserve.conf when accessing the repository through svn protocol. Right
now it looks like encrypted passwords/ldap based passwords are supported
only through http using apache mod.

thanks,
Vishnu.

Re: Authentication in subversion

Posted by Peter Connolly <ps...@gmail.com>.
Why not use svn+ssh?  That and 'keychain' and you'll have all the
network security and convenience you need or want...

pc

Fwd: Authentication in subversion

Posted by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com>.
>   I am trying to find if there is a way to use encrypted passwords (or
> ldap based authentication) instead of cleartext passwords in
> svnserve.conf when accessing the repository through svn protocol. Right
> now it looks like encrypted passwords/ldap based passwords are supported
> only through http using apache mod.

Looks like someone submitted a patch against the SVN source to do just that.

http://www.nabble.com/-PATCH--Authentication-for-svnserve-using-LDAP-td15214195.html

I wouldn't have a clue whether or not it made it into the source repository.